Unclaimed Property

This publication contains information on personal property held by the City of Harlingen, Texas. This property is presumed abandoned under Chapter 76 of the Texas Property Code. This unclaimed property consists of items such as uncashed checks in the form of vendor payments, rental deposits, court deposits, and other types of refunds. Each individual or company is owed $100 or less. In accordance with State Law, abandoned property valued individually in excess of $100 is remitted to the State of Texas for disposition through its unclaimed property program. You may visit here for more information on the State’s program. Steps to claim listed property:

  1. Click on the first link below to view list.
  2. Find name on our unclaimed property database.
  3. Fill-out and send in form and supporting documentation establishing your right to receive the property (Forms are listed below)
Review a list of unclaimed funds of $100 or less held by the City of Harlingen.
City of Harlingen Unclaimed Property Funds Listing State of Texas Database – Search by name. Companies as well as municipalities send their abandoned property to the state as required.
State of Texas Unclaimed funds City of Harlingen Finance Department Property Claim Forms
If you find your name or that of an interested party on the unclaimed property list,  please print out and submit one of the three forms available to claim your funds. Before sending in form remember to:

  1. Answer all questions and fill-in all blanks.
  2. Supply photocopies of required documentation.
  3. Sign and date form.
If questions arise while processing your claim, a Finance Department employee will contact you by phone or letter. Forms
For the original owner of property:
City of Harlingen Claim Form for Individuals For an officer of official claiming on behalf of a Corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, Professional association, non-profit organization, government entity, or private organization.
City of Harlingen Claim Form for Business Owner For a parent/custodian claiming on behalf of a minor, or the guardian or trustee of the reported owner for the heir or executor/administrator of the deceased owner.
City of Harlingen Claim Form for Heir, Trustee or Parent